People all over the world enjoy the ease of camping trips and camping out, whether is the long weekends or summer holidays.
The thought of camping out to a lot of of people brings up images that could make you cringe. Especially those of you who have never go camping as a child. Or have heard those horror stories from friends and relatives, and have never give it a fair try.
How much preparation you put on your camping trips. Will influence how successful and pleasant your trip will be. While some of these chores might appear boring and tedious. The more you put these chores into practice the more enjoyment you will have later.
Here are things you should know before heading out on your camping trips:
Gather all camping equipment
1. Gather all your camping equipment in a corner of a room and keep adding to it as you think of it.
2. Use basket shelves in your car for easy storage.
3. Store your clothes in sports bags.
4. Make sure all heavy items are secure and packed at the bottom of your car boot with lighter items on top.
5. Take one prepared meal in a freezer meal that can reheated on arrival at your destination.
6. Make sure you have everything you need for a drink stop like tea bags. Instant coffee, sugar, water, matches, kettle, wet wipes and tea cloth, etc.
7. If you are going away for a short trip. Prepare your hot dishes so that you have more time to relax at your camp site and enjoy yourself.
Stock up on food stuffs
8. Stock up on fresh fruit and vegetables at every chance.
9. List everything you will eat on the number of days you are away.
10. Keep extras always on hand which includes flowers for cakes. And breads, noodles, rice, beans and lentils.
11. Remember long life milk (two to three cartons of long life milk per day should be enough. For a family of two children and two adults as a guide).
12. Try camping in your backyard to see how you feel about your tent and sleeping bags etc.
13. Your first camping gear does not have to be expensive. It is more important that it is durable and keeps you protected from all weather conditions.
Bring a piece of ground cloth with you, a piece of plastic that goes under your tent. Tuck the edges underneath the tent.
The first thing you must consider when choosing the tent. Is the size of the number of people your tent is going to house.
14. Take cutlery with you that is old and definitely won’t be missed if it doesn’t come home with you.
15. Keep cutlery separate from crockery by placing them in plastic containers with lids. Or in a tea towel in a plastic bag.
Cutlery and crockery
16. Here is a list of items of cutlery and crockery that may be useful for your next camping trip. A fork, knife, teaspoon and dessert spoon should be enough for each person.
17. Have a serrated edge knife that can also used as a bread knife.
18. Vegetable peeler and knife.
19. Metal egg lifter.
20. A large aluminum coffee pot, the larger the better.
21. BBQ tongs.
22. Egg rings.
23. A small meat mallet.
24. A sharp knife and sharpener.
25. Can opener.
26. Large serving spoon and wooden spoon.
27. Make sure you have an enamel cup, bowl and plate for every person.
28. Use an enamel plate next to the fire to warm food.
29. Use an enamel plate as a base for food in your camp oven.
30. Bring paper plates in case you are in an area where water is scarce, and be sure to take your rubbish with you.
Hope this article will help you to make your next camping trip more enjoyable.
❀ of interest…