Yuletide breakfast in a pie shell of sausage and cheese mix with onion and red and green pepper make a tasty Yuletide treat.
Yuletide Breakfast Ingredients:
1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
2 (9 inch) unbaked pastry shells
6 eggs, lightly beaten
1 cup milk
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/3 cup chopped sweet red pepper
1/3 cup chopped green pepper
Yuletide Breakfast Instructions:
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
* Place cooked crumbled sausage in a large mixing bowl.
* Fold in both cheeses.
* Place one pie shell in a pie plate.
* Place half the sausage mixture in the pie shell.
* Place the other pie shell in a pie plate.
* Pour rest of the sausage mixture in the shell.
* Whisk eggs, milk, onion and both peppers in a separate bowl, making sure eggs are blended in well.
* Pour half the egg mixture over the first pie shell and mixture.
* Pour the rest of the egg mixture over the other pie shell.
* Bake one hour or until knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
* Let stand 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
❀ of interest…